Thank you for being part of the Writers Critique (WC) community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community (WC), you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines as well as other that may be posted or updated from time-to-time. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files, and the best content for WC. This is an excellent site to solicit your peers’ advice, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions regarding site policies or other concerns should be directed to our administrators or moderators using the “Contact Moderator” tab on the right side of each site page or via the Contact Us link in the footer of all site pages.
Please take a moment to take a look at these important guidelines. If you have questions, please get in touch with us as noted above. To preserve a climate that encourages civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules. In some instances terminations may result without prior notification.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages on any areas of the site or other areas where others might see them.
- Direct messages to members MUST abide by the same rules of conduct.
- The information posted on the site and in the comments is available for all to see and are subject to libel, slander, copyright (see below), and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, copyrighted, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please make sure to note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Please just post your message or documents only to the most appropriate sections of the site (Forums and/or Groups).
- Do not spam multiple areas with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any post for any reason.
- Do not post personally identifiable information (PII) in the discussions (e.g., screenshots with PII, comments, discussions, or direct messages).
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages.
- Include your name and location. WC will pre-populate most of this information for you, so keep your profile up-to-date.
- State concisely the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your post and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply.
- Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Do not scrape personally identifiable information (PII) (names, screen names, usernames, emails, etc.) from the site. Doing so will result in permanent dismissal from the site.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals–not to the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list including making your profile private.
- If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address – simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
WC is provided as a service for the members on an “as is” basis. WC is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties concerning information posted on this site, whether posted by WC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any purpose. In no event shall WC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Comments, Posts, Messages
WC does not actively monitor (in real-time) the site for inappropriate postings (although we do undertake editorial control of postings, comments, and messages for compliance with WC policies during periodic site audits). In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of WC, we will take all appropriate action we deem necessary at our sole discretion, including suspension or termination of user accounts. Do not post defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Please don’t post any information or other material protected by copyright without the copyright owner’s written permission and notice thereof.